Friday, April 27, 2012

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel


What a great movie!  Light, frothy, funny, touching, and graced by superb acting by old favourites such as Judi Dench, Tom Wilkinson, Maggie Smith and Bill Nighy, as well as captivating new faces Dev Patel and Tena Desae.  And Penelope Wilton as the woman you love to hate.  For me, it brought back tremendous memories of our recet trip to India.  Lovely people, vibrant colour, and just the right amount of chaos.  We spent several days in each of Jaipur and Udaipur where the movie was set, and loved every minute of it. 

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel was definitely targeted at our demographic: let's call it the retired but adventurous crowd.  This movie is definitely a five star on my list.  I am heading off to my first Hot Docs movie of the year, so it was good to have some light, definitely non-serious entertainment before I start the Hot Docs marathon! 

No comments: