Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TED's off and running

TED is off to a good start.

Met Katie Ford in the registration line-up. Formerly head of Ford Modeling Agency, largest modeling agency in the world, she is now involved in trying to stop human trafficking. She works with Free the Slaves, whose leader Kevin Bales is a speaker here. Katie uses the experience and knowledge from arranging logistics for models from all over the world, to help in her new endeavour. I hope I get to see more of her at the conference.

Then I bumped into Melanie Kittrell waiting for the light to change and ended up eating brunch and talking. She is Executive Director at Merck running a group that enables and supports innovation throughout the commercial side of Merck. She was fascinating, and talked about all the issues that I teach about in my MBA courses. I'll definitely be trying to seduce her into a guest lecture at Queen's, which is coming up soon.

I'm off now to a tour of Digital Domain. Last year, there was a talk about their work on Benjamin Button which was astonishing. People who took their tour last year raved about it. I managed to get on the tour this year and am really looking forward to it.

No comments: